Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Living Safer as a Single Women

Thanks to my friend Jodi Kaminski for the post

As a single women, it can sometimes be scary to live on your own. Personally, I constantly worried about becoming the morning news. There are a few things that I did, not only for my own peace of mind, but also for my safety. As a the owner of a single family home, I do not have people directly above me, behind me, or beneath me. This makes me an easier target for a predator. I first had a home security system installed from www.allhomesecurity.com, it is easy to work and effective, and this also saves me money on my homeowners insurance. Also, I placed motion lights around the outside of my home. People will often run if they see lights turn on. The last thing that I did was get a dog. I keep the dog inside of my home, this way if someone where able to get in, the dog would be able to attack. If the dog were outside, and an intruder were to in, the animal would be useless. Talk with your local police station to see other ways that you can make living by yourself safer, and take the proper precautions.

No comments: