Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

Mom's Place

Thanks for the article from Jermaine Haynes

My mom loves where she lives but she’s a little bit more a free spirit than me. She’s out on this old ranch house in the plains and she’s a bit more removed than I’d like her to be but she says it’s all the better for a nice, peaceful life.

She also has three dogs and it does give them a lot of room to run around, I suppose. I helped her get the house fixed up when she first bought it after dad died and we did a lot to it. Put in new hardwood floors, installed a skylight and even went to TexasElectricityPROVIDERS.com to make sure her rates were as low as they could be.

She spends most of her time in the barn we converted into an art studio and she generally seems happy as a clam being out there on her own really living off the land. She’s always been a bit of a strange bird, my mom, but I love her for everything she is and isn’t!

No comments: