Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Moving Here


Thanks for the guest post by Jonathan Curtis

I thought when I moved here with my husband that we’d be working the land together and waking up early to gather eggs and all that – I didn’t really think that this would be so hard. As it turns out he’s gotten a full time job so it’s all up to me to keep this farm running when he’s not here. I’ve made some upgrades like hiring a farmhand and I went to hughesnet.com to get internet so I could contact vendors and order stuff online but at the end of the day running this small farm is way more work than any job I’ve ever had in my life. I know we were talking about starting to have kids when we moved out here but you know, at this rate I don’t think I have enough energy at the end of the day to wash the dishes much less chase a toddler around. I don’t know where my husband thinks I’m going to find the time to be a mom!

No comments: