Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Reflections From the Past



This picture was taken when I was once a part of the teaching force at VNHS (Valencia National High School) in our very own province, Bohol. The school is 24 kilometers from my hometown. It wasn't that far to ride a jeep, bus, motorcycle or a private hitch car of Engr. Madrinan, who works at the Garcia Limestone.

Anyway, one of the duties that's being entrusted to me was being the Matron of Sponsors with the CAT-I Unit (Citizen Military Training) aside from being a volleyball coach and a regular classroom teacher to a third year High School students.

Coaching the volleyball was okay with me but as a Matron of Sponsors, I did say, I threw a feet about it. I didn't argue with our principal (who used to be my teacher in High School) but I was just being honest with my feelings.

If I remember, this is what Sir Inting told me, "Sing, (he called me Zosing though...) I won't give you the responsibility if you are not capable enough but I believe in your talent and skills."

I still want to say more but I just told myself to shut up my mouth...wink!

Without much ado, we had meetings and practices after class with the 14 selected sponsors. They also need to study for any questions during the tactical inspections and a presentation during the program.

I was so nervous, which is a normal feeling, to be the host of the said affair. ( My golly! I tried my very best despite of my broken English.) Hindi naman pwedeng tagalugin, where I can talk straight pa naman, kasi 'yon talaga ang pinag-aralan ko or being an EMCEE in our Visayan dialect.

I never hosted a program in my whole life and just reading all the biodatas of my intellectual and lovely sponsors was enough to drained me out and asked for something to drink...lolz! All these things happened during the Presentation of Sponsors.

After the program, there was this engrande food being prepared for the inspectors team. We're being told by our Commandant to entertain them and be the hostess at the Home Economics Building where all the food were being served.

I was not sure if t'was still part of winning the 1st place with regards to the Tactical Inspections.

One thing for sure that I can't forget...this stylish and fashionable co-teachers of ours wants my skirt to be skimpy and sexy. Oh my gulay, bechay!

I did an inch above knee level and 2 inches for my lovely sponsors.

The following year, 1st time history in our province, as far as I knew, that the town of Valencia hosted a Provincial Meet and the main venue was at VNHS. We're being told and advised to be the usherettes during the said affair. It's not me who's doing the job but our lovely sponsors but it was me delegating who's who to be pin up with Corsage and Garland.

After two years of having the said position. There is this beautiful teacher who's new to our team and I turned over my position to her and she accepted it without saying no because she's the type of woman that likes to be in the crowd and it really fits her personality.

Glad that it was over!

No comments: