Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Well-Rounded Babies

Posted by Hyman Weeks

Janna and Jenna are the lights of my life. They are 3-year-old twins that could not possibly be any different. Janna is the quiet, introverted type while Jenna cannot ever seem to get enough attention from anyone in her sphere of influence. They do share a strong bond and are always ready with a smile.

Luckily, I am a stay-at-home mother. The time not spent at a job is spent nurturing their personalities. I make it my business to educate them as best I can as I do not believe in leaving all of the responsibility to the school system. I get plenty of help from Nickjr.

Having DirectStarTV has been a godsend. Nickjr really is like having a personal pre-school for tots. They love shows like Little Bear, Franklin and the Fresh Beat Band. Dora has taught them a number of Spanish sentences and Kai-Lan has brought the Chinese language into their lives.

I am proud to have such accepting and well-rounded girls. Television programming has helped me achieve that. Heck, even I have learned a thing or two!

No comments: