Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Snow has Finally Come!

Guest post written by Jeramy Sparks

The first snow of the winter is always so exciting. When I was a child, I would look forward to the first snow for weeks. My brother and I would ask my dad about the weather forecast nearly every day in November, waiting for that special day to arrive. If we heard that snow was on the way, sometimes we were so excited we couldn't get to sleep.

If it was a weekend, the morning of the first snow was always joyful and hurried. My brother and I would rush through breakfast so we could get outside sooner. On school days, we were always disappointed about having to go to school and put off playing in the snow until the afternoon. But, as soon as we were able, we would bundle up and run out into the snow to play.

Usually, my brother began building a fort while I attempted to make a snowman. After making our creations, we would go sledding on a hill behind our barn. Sledding was always so much fun. After a few hours of play outside, we would come indoors to warm up. My mom would make us steaming hot chocolate, and then we would watch a few children's shows on our Direct TV to relax. The first snow was always such a fun time for my family and me.

No comments: