Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

The Spring Has Sprung

It's the first week of March. Time flies and there's so much to do and accomplish inside and outside our home.

I've been out in our yard today, pulling some weeds here and there. Yard work is fun if it's not against your will working with all your mights. It's a very good exercise and refreshing to be outside in our backyard. In fact, our little girl was having fun playing her scooter while I was busy raking and pulling the dried leaves with the nice weather we had earlier during the day.

As I was raking, I saw our Tulips happily sprouting and the grass is changing its color, a little bit greener than brown.

Now, that I get used working outside, I learn to appreciate the beauty of all the flowers, plants and trees around our house.

Before, I only take care the inside of our house but now that my husband is on health restriction, I have no choice but continue what he started with our surroundings. Spending an hour to two hours outside is a great feeling. I have to be more vigilant of all the plants and flowers growing outside our home and be a friend to them. I can't promised them how good I am taking care of them but I will do my best as I can as what my dear husband had started. Seeing some flowers bloom and plants growing just brighten my days.

I'm thinking right now, if I have to add more flowers this year. There are many types of beautiful flowers that can be grown. Mostly that we have are perennials and I'm here in the internet at this moment searching what kind of flowers I need and how to take care of them.

There's too many options to choose from and I need to think more about it. Spring is just around the corner and need to do something to make our yard clean and beautiful.

No comments: