Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

What To Do, What To Do!

I talked to my on call job that I'm looking for a regular job in the afternoon now and they can't call me anymore or rely on me.

I was told by our director that if I can wait, there's this one worker who's gonna be leaving pretty soon to join the airforce/military.

Bad me, I am already hired and accepted with my new preschool. I agreed with the time, schedule, responsibility and salary. I did watch the video and toured the facility and meet my new co-workers.

I am happy because I got hired, right? As usual, I'm not teaching since all the teaching will be in the morning. I f I do so, it's gonna be an informal one...something to do in the afternoon like crafts, arts, singing and anything that would kill the children's boredom. Yeah, I am lucky that they are in need of a group leader. Just a note, group leader needs to be ECE certified or out of country equivalent, Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood/Elementary Education.

Bad two, I applied for another job without telling my husband...wink! I thought it was a surprise and makes him happy so I can have some reinforcement in paying some of his co-pay for all his medical expenses. It's true husbands are husbands, they have the pride. In other words, he don't want me to work saying that we can still survive despite of our meager income.

"Dear, I'm just wasting my time whole afternoon," I insisted. "That's okay, play with your computer, watch your Filipino channel and go out with your friends," he said.

"We even want you to quit your morning job," his shocking news to me.
"Who's we?" my questioned.
"Dad is planning to go home pretty soon and he wants you to be his social worker, home care or whatever they call it and he needs you full time," his narration.

"No, I don't want to quit my job and it's not a hindrance! I can take care of him after I get off from work. I can work the 2nd and third shift and be around you guys," saying my side.

"Dad will pay you more of what you're getting from your regular job," he continues.
"I know, I know! What if something happen to him? I'm loving my job and it's hard to find a job now that would give you a very flexible schedule with the here and there picking up and dropping of our child to school," my further explanation.

"We will see, it's not right now though but sometime overtime. One thing for sure, don't accept the regular preschool job if you want peace in our family," his further ramblings.

My FIL and I had a hard talked about it and moving to his place will be a huge transition. They want us to put a sign "for sale" to our house and talk with our realtor. Huh! It's not that easy...as we can see, not a lot of buyers at this point of time. I told them, FIL, BIL, DH that what if I quit paying the house payment and afterhow many months, it will goes to forclosure?

"It's not a good idea, Zosie," my BIL has to say. "You put up a lot of money to your house already and you're building up equity to it. Why not try to put it in the market?"

Transition, transition, transition! What to do, what to do? I want one step at a time but time like this...we will see how far I (we) reach our goal.

There's so many things to consider.

Angelina's school, my job, my biological parents and etc.

I'm a home body but to be at home 24/7, oh my golly! It's a different story...lol!

I guess, this is what we called...community service and helping to the elderly. I love changed but it depends on my liking...so help me God.

Need to have some feasibility studies with regards to this transition thingy.

I believe God will never leave us nor forsake us. He's always there to guide us through. In Him, there is always hope in life. Cheers, God Bless and happy Thursday!

No comments: