Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Memories Passed Down

Guest post written by Janice Billups

For years IÕve been dying to go exploring down a pumpkin patch. I went once when I was a little girl and it left quite the impression on meÑso I think thatÕs part of it. ThatÕs actually one of my clearest childhood memories, if you can believe it.

I went down with my grandfather and we spent hours searching for one that I liked. I remember it so vividlyÑI wanted it perfectly round, perfectly orange and perfectlyÉperfect. We turned over every leaf until we found one that fit my high standards. He used to joke with me about my picky tastes.

Well, now that my grandkids are getting to be about the age I was back then, IÕd like to take them down to pick out their own pumpkins like my grandfather did for me. I think IÕll do it as a surprise, though, so itÕll be extra fun for them. And IÕll make sure to stop by and get my Hearing Aids by Miracle Ear so we can have optimal amounts of fun. I can only hope their memories will be just as fond as mine were!

No comments: