Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Friend's Visit In Colorado


A friend from San Francisco visited us in our humble abode yesterday. It's not mainly for us but her husband has a sister in Aurora and they happened to be in town to visit her.
She already told me beforehand that they're coming to town. My Ma and Pa were happy to see her together with her husband. Baby Laura as she is fondly called came from the same province where I grew up. I've known her since I was a child. Her Ma and my Ma were good friends.

During our visit in San Francisco back in 2007, we dropped by to their place and they treated us for two nights with yummylicious dinner.

Last night was our turn (not a gratitude but common sense...wink!) to treat them in one of the finest dining restaurants in downtown Denver. Our whole family went out to eat at Rodizzio's Brazilian Grill.

Hubby was in-charged of last night's affair. Everyone were having a good time enjoying the different kind of grilled meat that the servers were courteously serving. Ma and Baby Laura were the one talking most of the time.

It took us for 2.5 hours of eating and talking. We were loud at times due to my Ma's hearing disability but our neighboring table didn't mind of our loudness. For desserts, our Angelina and Hubby got some Chocolate cake while Michael and Laura shared their Strawberry and Rassberry cream. Ma, Pa and I were still munching the Banana Q and we even took our left over home, just the Banana itself for some reason our Brazilian beautiful server gave us the permission to take it home.

We thanked my Hubby for taking the gang in a very nice fine dining establishment. It was his idea and not mine. Super!

After the elegant dinner I would say, we drove around the downtown area for them to see the kind of place we have here in Denver. Since it was getting late at night, we dropped them off to their Hotel just by the heart of the city. We all bade goodbye and goodnight to each other.

Today before noon, while I was at work, Baby Laura called that their flight was canceled because of the Spring blizzard. Bummer! We still want to see each other but how can we? The road was really in a bad shape to drive in this snowy, windy and stormy weather. She totally understand since she's been watching the local news on TV and seeing all those 100 cars piled up by Broomfield area. What a day if you asked me. Well, today is my friend's 1st experience of Spring storm in her whole life. They don't have this kind of weather in San Francisco. We talked again on the phone and for sure she was asking me on how I survived in this kind of climate.
"It's a matter of time," my simple and honest respond.

No comments: