Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Thursday at China Town

While I was at work, a friend called if we can go to our very own version of China Town by Alameda and Federal. Her daughter's birthday is coming and she want to buy some Jade bracelet, pendant and earrings as a present.

Our meeting point was our abode. Her husband dropped her off. We had a simple lunch at home where the dried fish was the star of our meal. Ma made some Tinolang manok with spinach and the famous beefsteak.

We sure had a full tummy!

By 2:30 PM, we're heading to Alameda with my Ma with us. It was a lot of walking, hopping from one store to another. My Ma complained and decided just to stay  inside the car.Me and my friend were having a good time checking out Jade stones from one store to another.

Finally, she got what she wants. Real Jade is not a joke. It's very expensive and they said it brings goodluck to the person who's wearing it according to the Chinese culture.

After the Jade hunting, we went to the Asian grocery store. Hey! my Ma was happy indeed looking the Manila mangoes in town. It's that season again to enjoy the savory Manila mangoes. The price was unbeatable. It's only $10.00 a box with 14 pieces on it. I called a friend on my cell if she wants some and she said yes right away.

We ordered a total of 5 boxes of mangoes. I'm so happy that this kind of magoes are back in town for the season. Yummy and juicy to the bones! Here's the mangoes!

For our dinner, we called another friend who's at work if she would like to join with us. SInce it's about time for her to get off from work, she's loving with the idea. We dropped by at Panda Express and had an affordable dinner. Supposedly, I have to pick up some stuff from the Philippines with love but the crews were so busy serving their customers. So, we just left after our dinner and made a sign language with the manager to be back when she's not busy.

For my Hubby's dinner, I dropped by at Chipotle to buy something for him.

As usual, I thank my LOrd for the travelling mercy. It was a long drive for me but worth it.

No comments: