Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2009

How's Your Weekend?


Mine? Woke up at 8:30 AM and answered the phone. Yeah! I was still in bed when someone called to remind me of our window shopping. I informed my husband a night before of our plan going to Buckley Airbase for some grocery shopping though...wink! I jumped in the shower with my little girl as quick as we can then fed her with cereal and banana.

By 9:20 A.M, Mrs Caroline showed up in our door. We left our home at 9:36 A.M. to be exact and need to stopped by at Mrs. Claus place. I thought, I had to leave my car in her garage but the plan was changed and I was assigned as the designated driver.

I had three young and good-looking senior citizens riding in my small but reliable car, my Ma, Mrs. Caroline and Mrs. Claus. There's one more senior who wants to join the fun but sad to say we don't have room for her specially that we're getting inside a military base. So, we're having our senior moments cruising the never ending road that Mrs. Claus guide me as my navigator...wink! I didn't have the complete address of the Base and didn't bother to asked my Bana at home to search the web. We had so much fun looking around the neighborhood of 120th, Tower Road all the way to Buckley Airbase.

I was not sure what's the event at the base but there were lots of people waiting in line to get a pass. Just like in our case, there were three of us that needs to be check-in by Mrs. Claus. It took me three times to go back and forth from my car to that security office to get the right registration date and insurance date of my car since I was the one driving. My old and new registration papers were all inside my car and didn't bother to arrange those thingy. Good thing, I have them all in my glove box. My golly, they were also asking two forms of ID's and without knowing my Ma's Colorado ID expired last 2007. Thanks to the nice lady security for considering our one day visit despite of my Ma's expired ID.

By the time we got inside the base, it's time of us to eat lunch. It's all American food court. Angelina and Ma got Burger King and the three of us had some Robinhood Salad. We're slowly taking our time and enjoying our meals.

After our light lunch, we all went to the CR (Comfort Room) to ease our full bladder then proceed to our main goal which was the spending money portion...lolz! We went first to the dried goods, I mean clothing and apparels stuff. Our girl found her skateboard that she's been dreaming of for how many months. She was all giggly and happy holding her skateboard. She grab some more items like chocolate bars, guitar and clothing. I let her choose, the skateboard or those. To die for it, she picked the skateboard above all things. Overall, she only had a skateboard for her shopping spree. Oh, I bought her a baby girl gray and pink color shoe. It doesn't matter to her to have shoes or not as long as she got her skateboard. It was her Ma's decision to get a shoes for her. Mama knows best, right?

Once everyone's done with the shopping, I took all the bags in my car and just let them in to the other side where the groceries are. Goodness gracious! You can just see all those people grabbing tons of meat. It was worth a price, in fact I grabbed lots too (from my ordinary meat shopping) and some items that we need for our daily use.

My trunk was full of goodies and were glad that we made it closed after attempting for so many times. It was just a matter of organizing you know?

As we hopped in the car, we feel like eating rice and Manila to Go is just 6 miles away. We end up eating there and ordered Halu-halo for our dessert. Since we're already in a Filipino Restaurant, I ordered some food to go for my family who were left behind, I mean for my Hubby and Pa.

On our way back home, I took the risk driving in the highway for us to be home earlier...whaaaa! We stayed for a while in Mrs. Claus house to sort out all the things that we bought and had to calculate how much we owed her since she paid everything for us. We're not a member but Mrs. Claus is. My precious Golly, I spend more than what I budgeted for. Oh well, it's once in a blue moon that I go shopping in a Military Base.

We arrived home at 8:47 PM. Wow! it was an all day affair for us. My Ma was so tired already but she was more than patient to wait until we're all done. She was enjoying too from shopping, walking, eating and watching her Apo.

Sunday, as usual we enjoy hearing the Gospel at New Life and tried to apply it in our own life as much as we can...Thanks be to God. Wee had a nice weather two days in a row, Saturday and Sunday. Seems like everyone in the house were happy campers. We didn't eat out and just ate the food that we bought at Manila To Go. We had some left over food too from my Ma's everyday cooking.

After we cleared our table and kitchen, they all went to take their afternoon nap while I was relaxing downstairs watching my ASAP '09. Dang! our girl woke up when the "The Buzz" show was on. We promised her to go outside and play with her skateboard. She's been skateboarding inside our house already as soon as we come home the other night after buying it.

Well, I was taking my time watching a part of the Buzz show when my husband was ready to go out and play. What can I do? Just turn off the TV and attend to my family's demand to joined with their fun. My husband would be mad if I won't join with them when it comes to family bonding specially for our Angelina. We got Dada and Angelina, Mama and Angelina, Lo, La and Angelina time but we have the best part, FAMILY FUN! Everyone needs to be involved. It's the rule in our very own humble home.

After helping our Angelina with her skateboarding talent, Hubby and Angelina decided to make a snow-woman. We were playing and throwing some snowballs at first. It was fun indeed and it's good to see and feel the genuine laughter of everyone. Ma and Pa were just watching in the patio door and we let them out when it's time for them to have a pose with the snow-woman. We didn't force them to join with us but I guess they overheard us having so much fun in our backyard.

It was Hubby and Angelina who worked hard with the Snow-woman. My hand were already freezing from throwing snowballs so I was taking a break. I went in the garage and search a hat for the lady snow then Hubby asked me to get a carrot for her nose. What can I say? We had a Sunday blast around the house. For dinner, Ma made a kalderetang manok and some fried dried squid. Our family doctor told me to quit eating seafood for 2 weeks but who can resist the smell and the taste of our very own Filipino delicacy. To heck of what they called this allergy thingy. I was born eating dried fish in my whole life and now they want me to stop? Hubby was just shaking his head looking at me dipping the fried dried squid in our very own Philippine Datu Puti vinegar. Yummy! Hubby's so concerned of my health but he's ignoring his own health...can't understand him! Oh life... we're both stubborn, I guess! We're two grown up adult that likes to adventure life in general.

And yes, I included some photos of our fun! You are more than welcome to watch in your own free will...loz! Countrywomen, have a flurry Monday morning!

No comments: