Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

KFC Monday Free Chicken

I was called to fill in yesterday at the Preschool. I was watching our noon time show Wowowee while eating my lunch when my cellphone rang. I talked to the other line and told her to give me an hour to get myself and Angelina ready.

Our precious Jewel was all excited to be around with the other kiddos. As of now, I'm surprise she never mention or say a word about looking for a boyfriend. It's been a while that she quit hunting and searching for her future prince charming.

"Now I can see my friends again," that's all she had to say. She's playing for three hours and a half until all the preschoolers were gone for the day.

There were four group head adults watching all the kids in one big room. Suddenly, Mrs. Marsha's cell was ringing. A church member called her to let her know that KFC's giving away free grilled chicken.

She looked at us and said, "You guys want free grilled chicken?"

Wow! After the last child being picked up, we all hopped in Marsha's SUV. The nearest KFC is just a mile away from our workplace.

Holy Cow! There was a crowd of people waiting for their free chicken. The place was packed even the Drive Inn window had a long line. The four of us looked at each other. In other words, "Are we going to pursue this mission?"....lolz!

The place was smokey indeed! As if morag nagpuhag ug putyukan sa kaaso with all the chicken being grilled.

We just didn't go there to get the free chicken. It's kind of embarassing...common sense na naman. We ordered one meal and the lady at the counter told us to wait for fifteen minutes for the free chicken to be cooked. While waiting, my girl was coloring and keeps complaining that her eyes was teary because of the smokey weather inside the KFC...LOLZ!

What's funny about it? As you can see on their flyer or billboard about the grilled chicken...it's a bucket of grilled breast chicken.

Our name got called finally! We opened our order and asked each other, "Where is the free chicken?"

Hmmm... we all had a great smile looking the tiny itty bitty grilled chicken leg being included in our order.

Is that it?.... What do you expect? ....Laughed Out Loud! (LOL!)

We looked at the picture again with the bucket of grilled chicken and there you go...there is this tiny itty bitty chicken leg behind those chicken breasts. You just have to look at it very closely to see it instead of having a feast in your eyes with those grilled breast...Whaaaaa!

Angelina and I just shared our food. She ate the whole corn on the cob and one chicken wing while I gobbled the biscuit, mash potatoes and the rest of the chicken.

While eating, Marsha relates to us that Taco Bell also had a good deal of 4 Tacos for a dollar.
Mrs. Claus said, "Why didn't you tell us earlier, that would be better than this."
I was laughing and so with Mrs. Caroline.

"I told, Zosima while we're in the classroom," Mrs. Marsha said.

"I thought, KFC's free chicken is more than exciting," I said my line.

"Oh well, don't worry about it, maybe they will have that 4 Tacos for a dollar next Monday," according to Mrs. Claus.

We all laughed and had a blast with our adventure that night. Mrs. Caroline was just busy eating her share and so with our Angelina.

For me, it was fun!

Morale of the story? Next time...ask for a thorough details before getting too much excited about it. Also, think about free stuff... don't expect the best of it...lolz!

Have a great Morning!

No comments: