Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sunburst Grill On Snowy Sunday

As you can see in my other blog, I posted about staying at home due to weather condition.

I did have a great time watching ASAP XV and the Buzz in the afternoon and at the same time talking with friends around the United States. We're taking the advantage of my free minutes on the weekend.

While I was in the middle of watching the "The Buzz", another friend called and we talked for quite a while. Later on, we had a three way conversation. As we laughed and talked about anything under the sun, our topic was diverted to food, specially soup. I forgot to offered them my Sotanghon soup because we're all excited to go to a DimSum Restaurant at Heaven Star.

WE don't have the lucked when we went there since DimSum time was over at 3:00 PM. We had planned B and it was the Sunburst Grill. (A very special thank you to my KUMARE, for giving us the address via internet.) I've been there but can't get the exact route. It was my friends first time to the restaurant.

We ordered, sinigang na Baboy, Guisadong Bihon, sizzling grilled squid, Crispy Pata, Chicken B-B-Q and Halu-halo for dessert. Weird? I mean, Halu-halo for a cold and snowy weather? One of our friends is pregnant and she has the craving for it. Every now and then it's good to eat in a Filipino reataurant, where this place is the only Filipino eatery in our area not unless if you want to drive to Colorado Springs.

It was a lot of food for three people, right? We didn't eat all of them since we're all full. So, we took some of our leftover.

Our jounrney didn't end there...lol! We dropped by to E-Mart, Not H but E...wink! Our first time there and we saw lots of Filipino delicacies. So far, this is the only store I've known that carries lots of Filipino goodies. I was almost tempted to buy 50 Lbs of rice but looking at the weather outside, it's not a good time to haul some heavy goods...lol! One of these days, I will take my parents there.

WE arrived home, safe and sound past 9:00 PM. The snow was pouring hard while we were on the road. Thank you, Angie for the smooth and safe drive. Salamat sa pag-agwanta...katawa lang ko ani nga term ba...winky do!

No comments: