Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fun With Girlfriends At the Filipino Festival



June 12 is a remarkable day for our country Philippines. It is a very significant event to celebrate called "Independence Day." Despite of living in a far away land, there is this Filipino Organization that celebrate this occasion every year to commemorates the freedom that we have.

I'm not a member to the organization but anyone can join the fun and enjoy whatever they have at the said place. The celebration was last Saturday, June 13th. I was just disappointed because I didn't see the Sunburst and Tropical Grill serving during the Filipino Festival.

I am a food fanatic but we want choices in life, right? According to our neighbor back in Pinas, " sumo man sad kon pirma na lang Inun-on Tulingan ang sud-anan." We need variety, too.

For fun, the four Marias (Analyn, Gina, Sharon Mae and Moi) had our health and wellness checked. We met our friend Lerio in the venue together with her husband Keith but she didn't stay long for some reason they have to go for their in-demand shopping...di ba, Ler?
Friendship Connie made it through the day but had to be at work by 3:00 PM. I had so much fun meeting people that I know.

Back to our Health and Wellness...Pssttt! it's FREE and no co-pay and why not grab the opportunity whether it was accurate or not...lolz! I would say that they did a great job in serving the Filipino Community in the Denver area.

Well, we had our blood pressure checked, allergy test, diabetes test, cholesterol test and asthma test. Based from the result, everything went normal, you think ha! They also had the breast exam but we're all hungry to wait for more hours so we can be next in line.

For lunch, the only food we saw is Chicken adobo, rice noodles and rice. So, we gobbled and gobbled while watching some presentations on stage.

We took some photos of ours and too bad my camera died on me after taking 4 shots.

Looking at the sky seems like it's about to rain. We left the premises as early as 3:00 PM, dropped off Sharon Mae in her place and the three of us heading north of Denver where we belong.

As soon as I pulled in our driveway, I can tell someone was barbecuing based from my sense of smelling. Yohoo! It was Hubby grilling some baby back ribs and chicken breasts in our backyard together with our little girl.

Yes, I was still hungry and want to eat more. We had a yummy dinner around 4:30 PM with baked Potatoes, Green Beans and Lettuce salad. Ma and Pa had a side dish of rice, as usual.

What's cute about our dinner? It was our girl who volunteered to set up our table. I helped her to get the plates but she has the right of way getting all the silverware using our kitchen stool.

We will see how long her eagerness would last with regards to helping around the house....ahehehhe! I'm pretty sure, I will miss this stage of her life that is why I have to enjoy as much as I can and let her explore and manipulates the good things that she's eager to do.

To my DearPie, thank you for the delicious dinner.

No comments: