Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Flu Shot...A Must Or What?

I just made an appointment for a flu shot with our Risk and Management Consultant at work.

It's totally free for all the employees and each family members cost $25.00
Not bad at all.

Since our day was very slow at work. We had the chance to talk with my co-employees.
Flu shot was being brought up. Take note, I'm having a conversation with American Gangs.

Anyway, one said that she never had a flu shot since day one she runs her own life.
Even her three children never ever had flu shots and her kids were so healthy. They get sick once in a while but it's quiet normal, according to her.

The other had the same story and two of my co-workers have flu shots every year.

After hearing the pros and cons of getting a flu shot from my co-workers, I called and canceled my appointment...how's that?

Well, I never do this kind of routine eversince I got her in the promise land. I would say, I have lots and lots of good and bad bacteria in my system. I came from a third world country, as what other people called my beloved country, Philippines...so, my immune system is still capable in fighting out those harmful germs.

One of my mottos in life, "If I die, so be it!" It's just I don't want that live vaccine to get in contact with my whole me.

My FIL got his flu and pneumonia shots just a week ago and he's very sick right now. He's still in the hospital agonizing and looks like a vegetables to me. I didn't say at all that it was a reaction from both vaccines. The doctors were running some test on him.

So, it's up to me and to you whether to get flu shot or not.

I better go and pick up our Angelina at school.

P.S. Ms. Sha, it's at FRCC (Front Range Community College), Westminster Campus - My Alma Mater!

No comments: