Search This Blog

Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Letter For Angelina, From Her Buddy

As if, I've been talking a lot about Bethany, lately. Yesterday was her last day at her Grandparents house for a vacation. The day she left, Angelina was with her Grandpa all day. It was Grandpa's schedule to babysit his grandchild. It was all his idea and setting up days when Angelina can come to his house.

We knew that Bethany is leaving and Bethany knew that Angelina was being picked up by her grandpa.

Late in the afternoon, I opened our front door to get our mails.
As I pulled all the mails, I saw this tiny book with a white paper inserted to it. It was a letter from Bethany! I mean the white paper. Hubby and I read the content with the absence from our little girl. It was not sealed and we are the parents so, we have the rights to open and read what letters our girl will receive...lolz!

It was Angelina's 1st letter from a friend but Bethany said Buddy. Isn't it cute how children working and communicating in their own world?

When our girl came home, we told her about Bethany's letter and book.

Read it for me, Mama!" her excitement as she's holding and flipping the tiny book.

"Oh, I missed Bethany, already," her sad tone of voice.



"What is buddy, Mama?" her questioned to me. "Bethany is not my body, I have my own body and she can't be my body.

"Angelina, buddy and body are totally two different words," my explanation to her.

"Buddy is another name for a friend," I said.

Last night, we started reading Bethany's book before going to bed. We read it already as soon as our girl got it but you know kiddos, they like it over and over again.

To Bethany, thank you for your friendship with our girl. You set a good example to her from being polite, respectful, tactfull and all those great manners that a child has to possess. I'm so proud of you and how your parents brought you up. Keep up the good work and see you around!

No comments: