Search This Blog

Friday, July 10, 2009

Taking a Week Off From Work

Starting today, I'm on vacation...

Well, I'm taking some days off from work so I can attend to my husband's need at home. I supposed to start last Monday with my time off but putting two and two together, Hubby's still in the hospital and he got all the care from the health providers so why not wait until he gets home. That would be a brilliant and wise idea, right?

I was in so much guilt to call my Boss last Friday about changing my vacation time. She already made our schedule for July and I even had a copy of it. Blessed her heart, when I called she was more than happy to informed my co-workers about the changes because of my husband's situation.

No matter what, family first before work. That's how our team valued our family. We're so good in backing up someone's schedule if it's necessary. It's a give and take situation.

Hopefully, by next week my adventurous husband will be home for the rest of his recovery period. Praised God for the good news from Dr. Rosenberger that he's cancer free now.

Today, the surgeon (Dr. Rosenberger), ordered a therapy for my husband. It's his third day after the surgery and the therapist took my Hubby for a walk along the hallway.

So far, so good but one thing that my Husband can't resist is the craving of his cigarette. Unbelievable! I can't just believe how stubborn and addicted he is. He's creating his own grave and I can't help him with this matter or else it will just cause a major fight. What can I say?

He called me yesterday at home if I can bring his nicotine patch when I visit him. Well, he can't light up a cigarette in the hospital or can't go outside and have the tambucho mouth so, he asked me to bring his patch without the doctor's permission. I let the nurse know that Hubby's snicking some nicotine patch and he was just shaking his head and said "unbelievable but surel it happened to those people who are chain smokers. It's the patient's right, graveh!

My motto, "Let go and let God" there's nothing I can do about his vice.

I better go now and do some chores around the house then visit my stubborn spouse in the hospital. Ma and Pa's going with me too to see their son-in-law. They are best of friends and they think Rich is their favorite SIL, how's that!

Our Angelina girl is with his grandpa, a schedule that's been going on. Her Grandpa picked her up at 7:30 this morning and bring back our girl by 4:30 PM this afternoon.

No comments: