Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Nurse's Visit

A visiting nurse was here this morning in our abode. It was part of the plan and it's basically covered by our health insurance.

What I like about the American culture, they're very particular with punctuality. He arrived on time (10: 35 AM), maybe 5 minutes late but for me he's still on time.

Goodness gracious! I thought, one hour visit was enough but it took about 2 hours and 18 minutes overall.

It's not every day that an RN has to visit my husband. It's just a follow up visit after being discharged from the hospital. Kim, the RN, measured Hubby's three holes and the punctured on his belly. Then, they go over about the right kind of food to eat. Speaking of healthy food, looks like my Husband is ignoring it. It says in the handbook that coffee and cigarette can cause gas and may have an effect of discomfort after the surgery. Well, he got coffee as a water, sipping every minute of it and a nicotine patch as usual. He was complaining passing out a lot of gas and it's very painful, duh! I just can't understand how stubborn he is. If you say something about it, he said, I know what I'm doing. Well, goodluck to you, Dear!

The nurse and I just looked at each other. Later, Kim went over to all the medication that he's taking. I know all the medications that he's into and I'm really against it but I can't control my Husband's addiction to the substance. For me, it's very horrifying how he takes all those narcotics drugs.
Even the nurse advised him not to take Vicodin and Percoset (Spelling!) together plus the Zomax and Zantax. He said, I know! I'm just taking the Percoset. Yeah, he's like a Zombie most of the time. He's always a sleepy head and confused but he's in denial though. I am totally against all those drugs, you know? But, it's not my life and he thinks he's right or just being addicted to it. He said he's in pain and can't tolerate. I know he's trying hard but only God's miracle can release him out of those medications.

No one's perfect, right? I just continue with my faith from Above to enlighten my husband's mind. I understand, he's been to many rough roads in his life. All I can do is to support him and every now and then inject some sweet and inspiring words to him. I can be tough at times and hurt his feelings but it's a challenge for him. Just take it or leave it! Think about it, if I'm not concern about you, my husband, I will never stop you but because I love you, I have to remind you how precious life is. You know what I mean.

Anyhow, after the nurse's visit, I went out with friendship Lerio to do some grocery shopping at the Asian Market. I was an hour late with our date but for sure she totally understand my situation. There's a valid reason, right Kumare?

I apologized to you, Kumare if I refused to eat in a Buffet Restaurant even though you pay for it. Well, you don't eat a lot, I don't feel like eating a Buffet (just for today, I mean we're not hungry to pig out the food selections) and we have to pay for Angelina who doesn't eat much.

Thank you for the great lunch and the fellowship that I have with you. Goodluck and God Bless on your housewarming.

No comments: