Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Baxter Lake

Thanks for the guest post by Ron Faulkner

Baxter Lake is a lovely place to fish that can be found in the eastern side of Anchorage, Alaska. Not only is it goo for fishing, there are many fun places to visit around the lake, as well as restaurants and stores to go to. This makes it excellent for taking a day trip and relaxing with family and friends. Fishing is awesome here because most people that go here go for fishing and nothing else.

Fishing is important to many people in Alaska due to the fact that a lot of us depend on subsistence living to survive. Being able to go fishing every day, or even once a week, and knowing that you can keep anything you can catch is one of the best feelings in the world. Catch and release is frowned upon so most people find a way to keep whatever they manage to fish up.

I have enjoyed doing this for some time now, but especially since the new addition to my home. I am not simply set and arm my Home Security system and set out on a trip to anywhere I feel, knowing that my worldly possessions are safe and untouchable. Being able to take my friends out on a cruise or visit another city is something that is easy, and I no longer worry about being stolen from.

No comments: