Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fun and Spicy "Undercovers"

Guest post from: Steve Delaney

I am really looking forward to the upcoming fall television spy series, "Undercovers" starring Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw. As soon as I saw the preview on NBC, it sparked my interest. It instantly reminded me of the movie, "Mr. and Mrs. Smith", which I loved, featuring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Only it appears the married duo in "Undercovers" get along great with each other. Also, when I heard the creative force of J.J. Abrams was behind the production, I was even more excited. Abrams brought two of my favorite TV programs, "Alias" and "Lost" to life. It looks like he's cooked up another winner with this spicy drama.

The action revolves around Steven and Samantha Bloom, who own a catering business in Los Angeles. We discover that in their former careers, they were top-notch CIA agents. However, in the midst of trying to live a "normal" life after their marriage, they unexpectedly get called back into service to help find another agent who has disappeared. Gerald McRaney, a terrific veteran actor, plays their gruff CIA boss, Carlton Shaw. This promises to be a fun, sexy and clever hit as the husband and wife team chase bad guys and get in and out of one escapade after another. I definitely intend to watch this new fall show on the channels we get with our Direct tv deals in New York when it comes out.

No comments: