Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

Sky Is The Limit at Flea Market








Today is our schedule to go to the Asian Market with my folks. I called a friend asking if the Viet Hoa Asian Market is already open but sad to say they're not ready for business.

Our next option was supposedly H-Mart but my friend told me that it's way too far and why not take Ma and Pa in the Flea Market if we want vegetables and fruits.

Bingo! I'm glad I called this friend of mine. What a suggestion and idea! It's my folks 2nd year in the Land of Free, thank you, AMERICA! Well, they've never been to the Flea Market yet and today is the day that I took my folks to "Tabo sa Banay" as my own version of of calling this place.

We paid $6.00 total for our entrance fee. So that means, it's $2.00/each. We did a lot of walking end to end of the open space. It was hot indeed as early as 9:00 AM. Good thing, my parents had their hats with them.

We got some good deals from vegetables to fruits. Thats our main goal aside from touring the place for my folks.

Man! The mango was only $5.00 for 20 pieces. I'm not kidding, it's true! At the Flea Market you can bargain as much as you can as long as you don't irritate the salesman or saleslady.

I asked my Ma and Pa what they think of our "Tabo" here.

"Unsa man sad to nga wa may isda tabo man kaha," my Pa's piece.

Whaaaaa! I was laughing so hard and I think it's so cute from the mouth of my very innocent Pa. I even share Pa's sentiments to my Hubby and he was just tickled pink about it.

Anyhow, after our short adventure at the Flea market, we went straight home so I can prepare myself to be at the Preschool by 2:30 PM.

No comments: