Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Scissors

Our girl is turning four, right? Time flies...

Anyway, we bought her a tiny scissors so she can cut some of her art works aside from coloring, painting and writing her name. Mind you, she has a lot to complain when it comes to writing.

She said, "My hand is already tired of writing. Why is it that my name is too long?"

Great! Hubby and I got each others looked and hide our smiles.

Well, she's not writing her full name though. She's just learning and start to write halfway of her first name...wink!

She's following a curriculum from Beka and it really helps. She has to do different stuff.

As a mom, watching her doing the different skills in writing, reading, counting numbers, singing, dancing,coloring, drawing and painting: of all, she's fascinated with the last three activities.

There are times, I have to hide her coloring books, painting gears and crayons so I can teach and concentrate on her writing skills. She's very good in writing the capital letters of the alphabet but for the little letters, it's a struggle with her.

Well, if you remember, there should be three lines in the paper. The capital letters start on the first line colored blue and end up on the third line which is color blue again. While the small letter will start in the second line which is color red and end up with the color blue which is the third line.

She's getting it though if I watch her but if I turn my face the other way watching my show, her letters are all over the place.

"I'm sorry, Mama but I try my best," she has to say before I can burst out my sentiments.
Patience, patience, and patience is all I need in dealing a sweet toddler. It's hard to get mad when your child say sorry because she knows she's in trouble.

Good thing, Hubby's there to back me up and he elaborates more with his accurate and precise English.

It's so cute and funny when she woke up in the morning. We see her being excited to do something.

Her she goes, "I have lots of paper works to do."

Oh boy! You want it, you got it!

Back to the scissors, it's so cute to see her with her getting to know effect. We let her cut some papers on her own under our supervision. She has real paper to cut from Beka book like cutting the plates, fork, spoon and table napkin but we put hold to it not until her hands is use to the cutting materials.

She did enjoy her cutting experience but had to say that her fingers are getting sore...lolz!

"I need a break," her honest to goodness verse.

Kids are really fun and I salute to those parents, just like my Ma, who have plenty of kids to take care of. My questioned, "How did they handle it?"

Well, my Ma's case was in the Philippine setting where our culture is totally different compared here.

Over here in the foreign land is a different story. Just watch the Nanny show and Family Swap. What a horrible and terrifying experience. I love kids but my oh my, did you see all those uncontrollable behaviors of the new generations?

Therefore I would say, one active little girl is enough for me. Too bad, Hubby wants more but sad to say I'm done with it and I'm happy of what we have right now, our Angelina for life.

No comments: